Information about COVID-19 positive cases
- Symptomatic: Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate at home for 5 days after symptom onset.
- Asymptomatic: Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate at home for 5 days after the positive test result.
- Students/staff can return to school/work after 5 days and wear a mask for 5 additional days. However, people should stay home as they would with any other type of communicable illness until symptoms are improving. Individuals with a fever should remain in isolation until the fever resolves.
- The district will continue to share vaccination clinic information as it is made available. Cass County Health Department
Communication about COVID-19 cases
The Raymore-Peculiar School District commits to share information of each positive COVID-19 case among students and staff within 24 hours of being notified by the Cass County Health Department. (These reports occur when school is in session.) Additionally, we also send out classroom, bus, or activity notification emails.
If a positive case is reported to us about a student in a classroom/extracurricular activity, the parents of students in that entire classroom/activity will be informed via email about the potential of exposure. Parents will be urged to monitor their children for symptoms and other suggested actions by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
The number of active positive cases reported includes students and staff testing positive who have been in school anytime 48 hours prior to the onset of symptoms being exhibited or 48 hours prior to a positive test if asymptomatic.
After an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 completes the necessary protocols to return to school or work as outlined by the health department, they are removed from the totals listed below as they are no longer considered an active case.
The District has implemented measures to minimize the risk. However, anytime we are in a public setting, we increase our risk of exposure.
REMINDER: If your student has been tested for COVID-19, please keep them home while you wait for the results.
- Wearing of face coverings in district facilities is recommended, but not required.
- Face coverings are recommended, but not required, on school buses.
- Because there is not currently an option for children under the age of 5 to be vaccinated, parents of students at Shull Early Learning Center should be aware that children will be in an environment where some people may be masked and others may not.
COVID-19 Update - New positive cases on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- One positive student at Timber Creek Elementary School.
- One positive staff member at Timber Creek Elementary School.
The school district was notified of 1 additional student observing voluntary quarantine.
Ray-Pec School District COVID-19 Dashboard
Totals current as of 3 p.m. May 18, 2022
Total number of staff and students
required to be in isolation or quarantine
Total staff and students
|(Current as of 3 p.m. May 13, 2022)|
Weekly total: 6 new positive cases (May 7 to May 13, 2022)
Notification of positive cases
New cases are posted as they occur while school is in session and weekly updates are provided on this page.
To receive the COVID-19 update email that includes notification of individual cases, you may subscribe here. We no longer send these automatically to all email addresses of parents and staff.
We will make announcements through the same channels we use to communicate inclement weather closures. Please be sure your information is up-to-date in order to receive email, telephone calls, and/or text messages. Contact your child’s school if you need to provide an updated email address. Watch for email communication from your child’s school and the District, as well as announcements on the District website or Facebook page.
State hotline re: COVID-19
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) has a statewide public hotline providing guidance about COVID-19. The hotline is operated by medical professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 877-435-8411.